Welcome to the COSIMA Home Page.
COSIMA is the Consortium for Ocean-Sea Ice Modelling in Australia, which brings together Australian researchers involved in global ocean and sea ice modelling.
COSIMA’s origins date back to 2012. We are comprised of a number of university nodes (ANU, UNSW, UTas) and the major publicly-funded research agencies (Bureau of Meteorology, Australian Antarctic Division and the CSIRO) and are strongly supported by the National Computational Infrastructure and the Australian Research Council.
This website aims to distribute information on the current supported models, the research we do and the future trajectory of models we will use.
To engage with COSIMA, you might like to:
- Click “Watch” on the COSIMA announce page to get updates;
- Come along to our regular meetings;
- Join in the COSIMA conversations on the ACCESS-Hive Forum;
- Come along to our next COSIMA workshop;
- Contribute your model analysis code to the COSIMA Cookbook;
- Have a look at our published data in the COSIMA Model Output Collection;
- Use or contribute to the ACCESS-OM2 model suite; or
- Have a look at our published papers (and add yours).
We also have a COSIMA-announce email list, but this is being phased out in favour of the COSIMA announce page.