Over the last day we have completed initial spinup runs of the ACCESS-OM2 model.
The model has been run at 3 different resolutions, as listed below:
ACCESS-OM2 = [MOM5.1 + CICE5.1 + OASIS3-MCT + YATM + JRA55v13-do]
- 1° resolution, 50 levels
- 252 cores
- 48 yrs/day – 160 SU/yr
- 5 InterAnnual Forcing (IAF) cycles complete
- Numerous Repeat Year Forcing (RYF) cases
- 0.25° resolution, 50 (KDS) levels
- 1824 cores
- 16 yrs/day – 2800 SU/yr
- 5 IAF cycles complete
- Additional IAF and RYF cases run
- 0.1° resolution, 75 (KDS) levels
- 5744 cores
- 2.2 yrs/day – 63 kSU/yr (provided dt=600 sec)
- Minimal config with 2064 cores, ~1 yr/day
- 40-year RYF spinup with variable parameters, tweaks, date fixes during spinup.
- Single IAF run from 1985 to 2017
For a full recount of today’s COSIMA meeting presentation, see the COSIMA Update slides.