Date: 13th December 2016
- Marshall Ward (NCI, Chair)
- Nicholas Hannah (ARCCSS/Double Precision)
- Justin Freeman and Mirko Velic (BoM)
- Russ Fiedler and Matt Chamberlain (CSIRO Hobart)
- Peter Dobrohotoff (CSIRO Aspendale)
- Justin met with Gary Brassington to discuss project goals (wrt MOM?)
- What is ACCESS-OM repo in OceansAus, should BoM use it?
- Need to sort out the input data hosting
- Get KDS75 to Justin
- Russ is looking at KDS75 layer. Considering a much shallower coastling in topog.nc?
- Andy Hogg insists we must use CICE 5
- Nic is working to update, but it is not a priority
- Peter will pass to Nic, to host at OceansAus (Marshall volunteered to work on this during ACCESS-CM profiling)
- Parallell NetCDF4 (pHDF5) implementation in MOM 5
- Working, but performance is very slow (Since meeting: Performance is now comparable to MOM 5, other issues to sort out)
- Vectorisation issues in MOM 5:
- 40×40 grid tiles too large to fit in L1, performance is mem bound (either higher cache or RAM)
- Small tiles (e.g. 6×6) fit in L1 but performance continues to be low
- gdb trace of asssembly shows frequent jumps outside of small loops constraining performance
- Justin suggests long tiles in x-direction, Nic suggested 32-bit repr
- Nic has implemented MOM 6 automated testing and bug tracking
- Example tests: Output invariance to field transpose and rotations, esp. wrt arithmetic associativity
- Get MOM01 KDS75 config to Justin (?)
- Update MOM source inside CM2 (Marshall).
- Add Peter’s CICE5.1 config to OceansAus github repo (Nic and Peter)
- Port MOM5 build system to cmake (Aidan)
- Push updated MATM code with JRA-55 support to OceansAus github (Aidan)
- Get licensing for MOM5 input files (Marshall)
- Work on hosting MOM5 input files on NCI THREDDS server (Marshall, Aidan)
- Nic create a discussion document (on COSIMA?) to document current approaches and strategies for future
- Move FMS to submodule of MOM5 github repo (Marshall). Liase with Nic on implementation?
- Test Nic’s access-om model config on OceansAus (All)
- Work up test cases to cover the nudging code (Justin, Mirko) and supply them to Nic.
- Move to CICE5 on OceansAus repo (Nic).
- Add new test cases to Jenkins test suite (Nic).
- Aidan to provide Matt with location of tenth model test data. Check if capturing all the diagnostics Matt might be interested in.
- Matt to provide Marshall with some test cases for the Xeon Phi test cases, maybe 1 deg configurations.